- Meeting Room
- Study Rooms
- Quiet Room
- Public Computers
- Print, Copy & Scan
- Bike Rack
- Accessible by Bus
- Free Parking
- ADA Computer & Adaptive Equipment
- Single-Occupant All-Gender Restroom
- Multi-Stall Single-Gender Restrooms
- Japanese & Spanish Collections
- Maritime and Fishing Industry Collection
- Air Conditioning
- Book return slot is located on the west wall of the building, on 22nd Ave. N., to the right of the entrance.
Celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride at the Library!
Find the Library celebrating our LGBTQ+ community at events throughout the city in honor of Pride Month. Wear your most fabulous colors and join us for a Pride family dance party or story time, or find us at Pride celebrations in the community!
Play Summer Book Bingo!
Seattle's favorite summer reading contest is here! Every summer we partner with Seattle Arts & Lectures (SAL) to create a Summer Book Bingo card for adults. If you achieve bingo or blackout, you will be entered to win fabulous prizes! Download a card to play Book Bingo.
Upcoming EventsAll Ballard Branch Events
About the Ballard Branch
The current Ballard Branch opened on May 15, 2005. It is one of the most heavily used branches in the Library system. It has a nautical-themed green roof planted with native flora. You can view the green roof from a periscope in the branch.