About Summer of Learning
We have offered summer reading and learning programs for Seattle youth since 1919. Summer of Learning at the Library provides youth educational programs, fun activities and more. The program runs from June 24 through Sept. 6.
What we provide for youth
Summer of Learning at the Library provides youth:
- Fun and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural communities of Seattle
- Activities to support reading for fun over the summer
- Early literacy activities for families with young children (ages 0-5)
- Access to books and reading, especially for youth experiencing barriers
- Learning experiences that center youth interests
- Exposure to STEAM-related programming to build skills and confidence
During Summer of Learning, youth can:
- Attend over free 250 programs throughout the city
- Complete a free Summer Action Guide filled with puzzles, games and activities
- Attend early learning activities and readings
If you have a question or need help, Ask Us or call 206-386-4636.