About Summer of Learning
We have offered Summer of reading and learning programs for youth since 1919, but this year, Summer of Learning will look a little different. We are working with teaching artists to create and deliver action--oriented online programs. We are also partnering with Seattle Public Schools to provide virtual field trips to the Woodland Park Zoo and Creative Advantage/ARTS to help us make art every day. This summer may look different, but it will still be filled with fun, learning and reading!
Summer will begin early this year, as soon as you get your reading log--you can start reading! Download and print a copy or pick up a paper reading log at one of the 26 Seattle Public School Meal Sites.
What we provide for youth
Summer of Learning at the Library provides youth:
- Fun and educational online programs that reflect the rich cultural communities of Seattle
- Printable PDF activity pages.
- Story Times for young children (ages 0-5)
- Access to books and reading, especially for youth experiencing barriers
- STEAM-related programming led by your favorite Children's Librarian