The Seattle Public Library has partnered with Washington State Library to offer free Adobe Certified Professional, Intuit, and Microsoft (Microsoft Office Specialist, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, Microsoft Technology Associate) certification exams as a part of the Microsoft Imagine Academy program to those that currently live, work or attend college in Washington State.
About Certification Exams
Adobe Certified Professional, Intuit, Microsoft Certified Fundamentals, Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), and Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications are industry recognized certifications demonstrating one's proficiency to an employer or prospective college.
- Adobe Certified Professional certifications (formerly called ACAs) validate one’s design expertise in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Intuit validate one's accounting expertise in Intuit QuickBooks and bookkeeping.
- Microsoft Certified Fundamentals certifications provide are geared towards those interested in starting a career in artificial intelligence, data science, or cloud computing.
- MOS certifications validate one's tech knowledge in a Microsoft Office application.
- MTA certifications are geared towards tech professionals with tracks in software development, databases (data platform administration and business intelligence), or IT infrastructure (desktop and server infrastructure, and private cloud computing).
- MTC certifications provide a foundation for those interested in starting a career in artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing.
For a limited time, exams are being offered virtually as Exams from Home (in person exams are not currently available) - please read Certiport’s Test Candidate Guide to ensure your device meets the technical requirements.
We offer the following certification exams:
Adobe Certified Professional:
- Digital Video using Premiere Pro CC 2019 or 2020
- Graphic Design & Illustration using Illustrator CC 2019 or 2020
- Multiplatform Animation using Animate CC 2019 or 2020
- Print & Digital Media Publication using InDesign CC 2019 or 2020
- Visual Design using Photoshop CC 2019 or 2020
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics using After Effects CC 2019 or 2020
- Web Authoring with Dreamweaver CC 2019 or 2020
- QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU) - Desktop or Online
- Design for Delight Innovator
- Certified Bookkeeping Professional
Microsoft Certified Fundamentals:
- Azure AI Fundamentals
- Azure Data Fundamentals
- Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals Customer Engagement Apps (CRM)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals Finance and Operations Apps (ERP)
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS):
- Access 2016
- Access Expert 2019
- Excel 2016 or 2019
- Excel Expert 2016 or 2019
- Outlook 2016 or 2019
- PowerPoint 2016 or 2019
- Word 2016 or 2019
- Word Expert 2016 or 2019
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA):
- Database Administration Fundamentals
- HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Introduction to Programming using HTML and CSS
- Introduction to Programming using Java
- Introduction to Programming using Python
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
- Software Development Fundamentals (C# or VB)
- Windows Mobility & Device Fundamentals
- Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
We have resources available to help you study:
- Preview the exam interface
- Take a LinkedIn Learning class online with your Library card.
- Review an O'Reilly Complete Public Library study guide or take an online class with your Library card.
- Check out a MOS 2016 Study Guide book with your Library card.
- Take a LearnKey class online. Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access LearnKey from home. Drop in or call 206-386-4636 to reserve a LearnKey practice computer at the Central Library (Level 5).
- Take a GMetrix practice test online. Email Certifications@spl.org to receive instructions on how to access GMetrix. Drop in or call 206-386-4636 to reserve GMetrix practice computer at the Central Library (Level 5).