Free Tax Assistance at The Seattle Public Library begins Feb. 14, 2022
release date: 02/14/2022
The Seattle Public Library and United Way of King County (UWKC) are collaborating to offer free, in-person tax preparation service from Monday, Feb. 14 through the end of tax season at the Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave. Find out more at spl.org/TaxHelp.
Trained volunteers will answer questions and help prepare personal tax returns. The service is not available for business tax returns. See the list of required documents you'll need to bring to get tax help at spl.org/TaxHelp.
FREE TAX HELP: DATES AND TIMES
Monday, Feb. 14 to the end of tax season
Central Library, 1000 Fourth Ave., Level 5 - check www.spl.org/today for daily schedule updates of open hours. No appointment is necessary. Help is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The last client will be taken 30-45 minutes before the end of Tax Help hours.
• Monday - 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Tuesday - 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Wednesday - 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday - 12:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Friday – no Tax Help
• Saturday - 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Sunday - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & SAFETY
• All UWKC volunteer tax preparers and Library staff are vaccinated.
• Tax help pairs will be distanced from each other.
• Fewer “waiting area" seats will be set out, seats will be distanced from one another, and patrons waiting for service can leave their phone number.
The Library believes that the power of knowledge improves people's lives. We form strong partnerships with local communities to offer financial literacy and tax help events that serve our community.
Visit the Library's Road to Reopening page for more information on current Library services.
For more information, visit https://www.spl.org/TaxHelp, contact the Library’s Ask Us service by phone at 206-386-4636 or by email or chat at www.spl.org/Ask. For ADA accommodations, please contact: email@example.com. Staff are ready to answer questions and direct you to helpful resources and information.