Construction at Queen Anne Branch in Spring and Summer Will Affect ADA Access, Services and Open Hours
release date: 03/15/2018
Several construction projects this spring and summer at the Queen Anne Branch, 400 W. Garfield St., 206-386-4227, will temporarily affect parking, some Library services, limit ADA access, and reduce weekday open hours for about a month.
Work includes rebuilding the worn chimney near the ADA book drop and side entrance, replacing a leaking skylight above the public computer area with one that matches the original design, replacing worn roof tiles, and re-landscaping areas affected by the construction.
We expect work to begin Monday, April 2 and go through the summer. The branch’s two parking spaces will be unavailable for the duration of the project. The following timeline is tentative and will be confirmed as construction progresses.
April 2 through June: Limited access to ADA book drop and side entrance for wheelchairs, walkers and strollers.
ADA book drop/side entrance open hours:
- After 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Late May through June: Reduced weekday open hours for the safety of staff and patrons during the skylight work, which involves scaffolding and heavy equipment.
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
- 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
- Most of the computers will be removed during the skylight work. The branch hopes to provide several internet-access computers for adults. The computers in the children’s area will be unaffected.
- We are trying to reschedule the Thursday morning story times. Monday evening pajama story time will be unaffected.
Late June through August: Noisy exterior construction work such as jackhammering and limited access to lawn during roof repair and landscaping.
All work is expected to be completed by the end of the summer.